Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since my last post.  I feel like I've been going non-stop.  I thought summer was supposed to be a break from the hectic schedule of the school year?  Not so in our family.  VBS, camps, t-ball, baseball, dance, and gymnastics have been keeping us very busy so far this summer.  In addition, I just started a new job with my old company and have been interviewing potential people to join my team and getting them trained and ready to go.  It's very exciting, but has also been adding to the craziness. :)  Thankfully, there has been one constant and that's running...

Before Memorial Day, I hadn't run more than 4-5 days in a row.  I usually take one day a week for cross-training and one for rest.  When Runner's World launched their run streak challenge back in May, though, I knew I had to give it a try.  The rule is that you must run at least one mile a day from Memorial Day through July 4th to keep the streak alive.  Today was day 23, and I'm proud to say I'm still going strong.  Only 16 more days to go, although who knows - if I'm feeling it, I might go longer!

I'm really excited about the races I have coming up.  The first is at the end of June.  It's called the Double Road Race, and consists of a 10K followed by a 5K with a break in between featuring the Recovery Zone.  The Recovery Zone features hydration and refueling, complimentary massage therapists, chiropractors, acupuncture, and gym equipment.  The Double was started by Bob Anderson, the original founder of Runner's World Magazine.  He will be there in person, and I look forward to meeting him.  As a result, I've also joined his Ujena Fit Club, where I can log my daily runs and communicate with other runners.  If you're interested in finding out more about the Double, check it out here.  Totally psyched about this one - I'm not going to lie! :)   

I'm set to finish the RW Run Streak in style with the Ward Parkway Four on the Fourth.  I love the 4th of July, and I can think of no better way to kick it off than with a celebratory run!

This week I got my box of goodies to try out as a Nathan Brand Ambassador.  I've already started using them, and look forward to sharing that info with you soon.  In addition, I found out last night that I was selected to be a SweatPink ambassador, and I'm SO excited about it!  I look forward to learning a lot from the other ambassadors, sharing some of my experiences, and making new friends.

Are you participating in the RW Run Streak?  If so, how's it going?  What races do you have coming up?  Time to share!   

      

No comments:

Post a Comment