Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Fitness Closet: A Love Affair with Under Armour

fitness_closet

I am a huge Under Armour fan – I have serious love for the brand and the clothing.  There are definitely a lot of brands out there, but in my opinion, Under Armour makes superior products.  Sure, I have some other brands in my closet, but they pretty much have gotten pushed to the back.  I have been a fan for a very long time and it is to me, by far, the best brand out there.    


Let me start by saying that I work for Under Armour, but not exactly in the way you might think.  I work for a company called Needle, who provides fan-based online chat assistance for companies like Under Armour, Coach, Finish Line, and many others.  In fact, it’s because I’m such a huge fan of Under Armour that I was able to get this incredibly cool job with Needle about a year and a half ago.  It works like this – if you visit Under Armour’s website and have a question about a product, you can click the “chat” button and are connected to someone like me.  From a company’s perspective, there is no one better to provide product assistance to customers than the fans who are wearing and using the gear you’re trying to sell. 


Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, welcome to my Under Armour fitness closet.  Since we’re heading into summer and I’m really looking forward to it, I’ll start with my tech shirts and shorts.     



It can get pretty hot and sweaty in Kansas.  Under Armour does an incredible job of wicking sweat both during and after a run.  It controls odor and dries insanely fast.  I also have a group of t-shirts that I wear for everyday use.



Once the weather gets colder, I bring out the capris, pants, long sleeves and sweatshirts.  The coldgear is amazing, and I can typically wear a shirt alone down into the 30’s.  If it’s colder than that, I’ll throw on a sweatshirt or light jacket as well.



What’s a fitness closet without accessories?  I have everything from ponytail holders and hats to socks and gloves.



And last, but certainly not least, my shoes.  I admit, here I stray from the brand a bit.  I love Under Armour shoes for hanging out and spending time outside with my family, as you’ll see from the top row.  When it comes to running, though, I’m a bit of a Saucony snob.  I must have tried on a million pairs of shoes before finding the brand that worked for me.  Now that I have, I find it very hard to stray.  I run pretty exclusively in the Kinvaras and mix in the Cortanas when I’m looking for a little more cushioning (bottom row).  I’m eagerly awaiting the release of the Kinvara 4 in May.



So that’s my fitness closet.  I train and race in Under Armour gear and don’t plan to change anytime soon.  And, just in case you were wondering, I do currently have another UA order on the way…  

No comments:

Post a Comment