Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Coolest Mother's Day Present EVER.

I love the things my kids make me each year for Mother's Day, and I have a special place where I keep everything they've made for me.  Their gifts are so sweet, innocent, and honest.  I love it that my daughter thinks I'm 11' tall and weigh 7 lbs.



My husband usually buys me flowers and a big bag of pistachios (because he knows I love them or is he insinuating that I'm nuts?  Not sure on that one - the jury is still out).  Some years they take me out to eat and other years they've made a special lunch at home.  All in all, I have a wonderful husband and two sweet little ones, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.


That being said, this year's present will be a little different.  I have gotten probably the coolest Mother's Day present EVER.  Tomorrow morning, I will head to Lawrence, KS, to participate in a Strength & Conditioning Education & Training Clinic and Sport Nutrition Seminar with Andrea Hudy, the Assistant Athletics Director for Sport Performance at KU.  She handles the strength and conditioning for the KU men's basketball team and is one of the few women in the country to be working with a men's team.  In short, she is incredibly awesome and we are very lucky to have her.



I'm a huge KU basketball fan as it is, and Coach Hudy does amazing things with these guys.  I'm very excited to meet her, and I'm truly looking forward to learning a lot that I can use to enhance my training.  I was asked to fill out a fitness survey when I registered so that the experience could be tailored to my needs.  Runners often tend to have weak core muscles, and I'm hoping that my experience tomorrow will give me the tools I need to make that push toward completing a full marathon.       



I consider myself to be in good shape, but part of me is a little nervous that I'm going to get my rear end kicked.  I love to work hard, though, so I'm incredibly excited.  I can't wait to share what I learn with you!  Stay tuned...     


No comments:

Post a Comment