Thursday, May 2, 2013

Top 10 Reasons I Run

It's been awhile (too long) since my last post.  I found out that my incredibly cool job is no longer, which totally bummed me out.  It was a good ride while it lasted, and I'm looking forward to the next thing that comes along.  Mostly though, I'll miss the people.  I had the best team on earth to work with (and the discount didn't hurt, either).

I need a race.  It's a good thing I have a half coming up in less than a month, because I really need one.  I had a beautiful short run yesterday in 80+ degree temps and was looking forward to a long run today.  Winter clearly had other ideas and has reared its ugly head, complete with a monsoon of rain, sleet and snow, depending on the minute. Last time I checked, it was May.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.


Instead of being depressed about the beautiful long run I was supposed to have today, I hit the treadmill and weights.  As I ran, I thought about all the reasons why I love running.  Some are silly and some are serious.  So here you go, a la David Letterman:



TOP 10 REASONS WHY KATIE RUNS



10. The cool race swag



9. To meet new people



8. To stay healthy and fit



7. For an INSANE and ever-growing collection of athletic shoes and workout clothing (and no one says anything about it because they know you're a runner) - see My Fitness Closet 



6. Stress relief



5. For the feeling of exhilaration I get when I cross the finish line



4. It's a sport that I can do wherever/whenever and alone or in a group



3. My arms - Between running and weights, I'm getting some great arms.  They've never looked like this before, and I'm loving it! :) 



2. To be a part of an incredibly awesome community of people who radiate determination, energy, and enthusiasm!!



And finally, the #1 reason why I run...



1. I run because I LOVE it!!




Why do YOU run?



No comments:

Post a Comment