Monday, April 8, 2013

Kinvara Love

I had an amazing run this morning.  No, I wasn't running on a tree-lined trail or on a beautiful beach.  In fact, I wasn't even outside.  I was running on the treadmill in my basement gym, and everything but the mileage on my iFit Live screen was refusing to work.  Should have been frustrating, right?  Ah, yes - it would have been, if not for these little beauties...




Everyone is talking about the Saucony Kinvara 4 that will make its debut to the general public next month.  Because of this, Running Warehouse is clearing out the 3's for the bargain price of $64.88, so of course I had to pick up another pair!  Don't get me wrong, I will be purchasing the 4 when it arrives next month (Citron/Black/Pink followed by the White/Gray/Vizipro), but I couldn't pass up this incredible deal.



They arrived on Friday and I ran in them for the first time this morning.  It was nothing new, really - the Kinvara 3 and I are old friends.  This is my third pair of the 3's, and I absolutely love them.  In fact, I've been a fan since the original Kinvaras.  After trying many brands of neutral shoes with varying amounts of cushion and heel-to-toe drops, I've settled on the Kinvara as my go-to shoe.  The truth is that I realized I don't need a lot of excess cushioning.  The 4mm heel-to-toe drop is perfect for me, and the toe box has plenty of room for my "wider than normal but not quite a wide width" foot.  While it isn't as minimal as something like the Vibram Five Fingers, it does still take some getting used to if you're accustomed to a larger heel-to-toe drop and more cushioning.  If you're new to the natural running movement, take a few walks in them followed by a few short runs.



If you've been thinking about giving the Kinvaras a try, check out the 3's while they last.  You can order them from Running Warehouse here with free 2-day shipping both ways, and use code "FB15D" for an additional 15% off.  I absolutely cannot wait for the 4's, but until then, my old friends and I will continue to spend our daily runs together.



Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Running Warehouse.  I promote them simply because they are an awesome company to order from, and I've always received the highest level of customer service.   



1 comment:

  1. I love when you have a good run for something simple... just a fresh pair of shoes can make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete